Vishwakarma Yojana 2024: Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana for traditional artists and craftspeople during his speech at Red Fort on the 77th anniversary of Independence Day. September 2024 will mark the official inauguration of this program on Vishwakarma Jayanti, and registration for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana will open shortly after. The purpose of the Vishwakarma Scheme is to provide help to the nation’s diligent small artisans and laborers. This unique program provides training, advanced methodologies, and skill-related mentoring in addition to financial support. Small craftspeople, laborers, and farmers can investigate possibilities to become members of the MSME (Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises) with the aid of the Vishwakarma Scheme. They will learn more about MSME and its advantages thanks to this.
PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana
|PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana
|17 September 2024
|15 August 2024
|SC ST OBC, economic weak category people, traditional artisans and craftspeople
|PM Shri Narendra Modi
|13000 to 15000 Crore Rs.
Vishwakarma Yojana 2024
A government initiative called the PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana was unveiled on August 15 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. With an emphasis on traditional artists and crafters, this initiative aims to empower small business owners. It gives these artisans and small workers cash support in addition to training, knowledge of cutting-edge methods, and advice on skill-related matters. The program has a large budget of about fifteen thousand crore rupees, indicating a large government investment. This huge amount of 15 crore rupees would help people who work in traditional trades including hairdressing, washermen, masons (raajamistree), goldsmiths, and blacksmiths.
This program is especially intended for gifted craftspeople in our nation who, despite their abilities, are unable to live better lives due to significant obstacles such a lack of funding. Many people who, given the opportunity, could advance civilization are impacted by this. For this reason, on September 17, 2023, the government will launch the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana. This yojana will assist skilled artisans in need by providing training and financial support. The government hopes that by doing this, it will strengthen these artists’ financial position and enable them to make greater contributions to our nation and society.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Features
- As part of this program, support will also be provided to approximately 164 backward castes, including as blacksmiths, potters, and sculptors, who depend on their traditional talents for a living.
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Women, Tribals, and Other Marginalized Groups would be eligible for the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- The program would help traditional craftspeople market their goods and offer training for self-employment.
- Almost all Vishwakarma community workers would be eligible to benefit from this program.
- The program aims to considerably enhance the community’s financial status and generate employment possibilities.
- The government would provide funding in the amount of Rs 1,00,000 to Rs 2,00,000 in loans. A 5% government contribution is an additional benefit of these loans.
- As part of this program, practical training would be provided to even those in Kargil.
- This program will directly assist members of the Vishwakarma community. There are people from different backgrounds in this neighborhood.
- A budgetary allocation of Rs 13,000 crore has been made to guarantee the PM Vishwakarma Yojana’s effective execution.
- During her budget statement for 2023–2024, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman, the Finance Minister, presented the PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana Objective
The first program of its kind in India is called PM Vishwakarma, and it assists all small business owners, traditional craftspeople, and artisans in the community in expanding their traditional goods and services. The topics listed below help to clarify the vast scope of the Vishwakarma Yojana’s goal.
- Acknowledging all Indian craftspeople as Vishwakarma and providing them with other advantages, including financial support for their businesses.
- To occasionally give them education on business and industry, and to improve their abilities in order to increase their effectiveness.
- Modernization of all production-related machinery and improvements in productivity, efficiency, and product quality.
- Giving Vishwakarma Yojana beneficiaries low-interest, straightforward loans with no collateral required, as well as interest rate refunds.
- Promoting digital transactions and education to enable beneficiaries of the Vishwakarma Yojana to become digitally empowered.
- To give Vishmakarma’s products a platform for market participation and brand promotion in order to increase sales and open up new growth prospects.
Improving the quality, accessibility, and reach of goods and services produced by regional, local, and traditional craftspeople is the main objective of the PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana. This project intends to empower and provide financial advantages to a range of small craftspeople, such as laundry workers, blacksmiths, goldsmiths, and weavers. These people will benefit financially from the program and have access to training that will help them advance their skill sets. The government acknowledges that a large number of small craftsmen are undertrained, which impedes the development of their skills and recognition. To address this, the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana offers financial support and training via MSME in order to improve the overall caliber, scope, and accessibility of their offerings.
The government acknowledges the valuable talents and experience possessed by several talented small artisans in diverse industries. But lack of resources frequently keeps people from reaching their full potential and forces them to remain in poverty. A large segment of our society is impacted by this regrettable circumstance: people with exceptional talent who are unable to actively contribute to the advancement of society because of financial constraints. The government has declared that on September 17, 2023, the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana will begin in order to address this problem. The goal of this project is to give these talented craftspeople in need financial assistance and training. The government hopes to improve these small artists’ financial stability by providing them with financial resources in addition to training.
PM Vishwakarma Scheme Documents Requirments
The beneficiaries need to provide the following documents or information:
(i) Required Information or documentation: In order to complete the registration process, the beneficiaries must supply specific information and documentation. These include of ration cards, bank account information, mobile numbers, and Aadhaar cards. It’s crucial to remember that registration requires a ration card.
- Aadhaar cards
- mobile numbers
- bank details
- ration cards
- E-mail Id
(a) In the event that a beneficiary lacks a ration card: In this scenario, the beneficiary must furnish Aadhaar cards for each member of their family. For a definition of a family in this context, see Paragraph 4 of the Eligibility requirements.
(b) If a beneficiary lacks a bank account: The CSC (Common Service Center) will help the beneficiary open a bank account if they do not currently have one. The CSC will oversee and assist in this procedure.
You can carry the following documents with you
- Aadhar card.
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Domicile certificate
- Phone number
- Email id
- Passport size color photograph
- Work-related documents
- Bank account details
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate. (if related)
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Online Registration
The Vishwakarma Yojana was launched by the Indian government to assist the nation’s small merchants, traditional artists, and craftspeople. The date of Lord Vishwakarma’s birth, September 17, 2023, will mark the start of online enrollment for this program. The Vishwakarma Samman Yojana, which will help over 30 lakh families in India, will use cutting-edge technology to boost businesses globally.
The Indian government’s Vishwakarma Yojana 2024 is an amazing program that will help thousands of Indian households. Soon, people will be able to register online for this program and apply to benefit from Vishwakarma Yojana more simply.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility
- Vishwakarma Yojana is open to any worker or artisan operating in the unorganized sector on the basis of self-employment using hand tools and tools or employed in any of the 18 family-run traditional companies included in the program.
- To apply for the plan, one must be at least eighteen years old.
- To be eligible for this scheme’s benefits, an individual must be operating a relevant business on the registration date and not have received benefits from PM Swanidhi, Mudra, or PMEGP more than five years prior.
- A family may only have one beneficiary under the PM Vishwakarma Yojana. This includes the spouse and any children living with them who are not married.
- Employees of any Central or State government agency, as well as their families, are not eligible to receive benefits from this program. This covers the married couple, as well as any children they may have raised alone.
PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana Benefits
The Indian government unveiled the Vishwakarma scheme, an inventive program intended to uplift and assist both skilled artisans and regular people throughout the nation. The government hopes to encourage small artists to improve their craft and successfully sell their goods at reasonable costs by providing training and financial assistance through this program. This program is an attempt to support the artistic and financial development of craftspeople. The following is a list of Vishwakarma Yojana benefits:
- Official Recognition: Artists who join the Vishwakarma Yojana are given official recognition as Vishwakarma, along with an identity card and certificate.
- Improving Skills: a. After skills are verified, 5-7 days (40 hours) of basic instruction are provided. b. The chance to sign up for a 120-hour, 15-day advanced training course. c. Receive a daily training stipend of Rs 500.
- Tool Support: Get a grant of Rs. 15,000 to spend on equipment and tools.
- Financial Support: a. Get access to Enterprise Development Loans without collateral; First Tranche: Rs 1 lakh; Repayment period: 18 months; Second Tranche: Rs 2 lakh; Repayment period: 30 months. b. Take advantage of a 5% concessional interest rate, with an 8% interest subsidy ceiling paid by MoMSME. c. The Credit Guarantee fees are paid for by the Indian government.
- Digital Transaction Incentive: Up to 100 transactions per month are allowed, and you will receive Re 1 for each transaction.
- Marketing Assistance: Trade fair advertising, publicity, branding and promotion, e-commerce integration, quality certification, and other marketing services are all offered by the National Committee for Marketing (NCM).
- Financial Assistance for Artists: To ease financial strain and support artists’ creative ventures, the Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana provides craftsmen with a special loan of up to Rs 2 lakh on favourable terms.
- Adaptable Loan Phases with Reasonable Interest Rates: During the scheme’s first phase, artisans can apply for loans up to Rs. 1 lakh at a reasonable 5% interest rate, depending on their financial situation.
- Comprehensive Skill Enhancement: The Vishwakarma Yojana aims to keep craftsmen relevant in a world that is constantly changing by enhancing their abilities through advanced training.
- Empowering Expertise: Skill Training and Tool Incentives: Through skill training and tool incentives, the program seeks to uphold and improve traditional artistry while bringing it into compliance with contemporary norms.
- A Comprehensive Support System: With favorable loan terms, skill development, toolkit incentives, digital transaction benefits, and marketing assistance, the Vishwakarma Yojana provides a comprehensive support system.
- A Smooth Registration Process: Through common service centers in villages, beneficiaries can quickly register for the scheme, making it easier even for people who may not be literate.
- Central Government and State Partnership for Collaborative Funding The central government is the main source of money for the Vishwakarma Yojana, and state governments actively participate in order to ensure the program’s successful execution.
Trades covered under Vishwakarma Yojana
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Boat Maker
Iron/Metal Based/Stone Based
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver)
- Stone Breaker
- Goldsmith (Sunar)
- Potter (Kumhaar)
- Cobbler (Charmakar)
- Shoesmith/Footwear Artisan
- Mason (Raajmistri)
- Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Barber (Naai)
- Garland Maker (Malakaar)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Fishing Net Maker
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Helpline Number
- Email id: email@example.com
- Contact No. : 011-23061574